Homfray Lodge. A Unique opportunity to acquire this one of a kind property at the heart of Desolation Sound. The lodge sits on the eastern shore of Homfray Channel, a secluded inlet just beyond Desolation Sound Marine Park. Only 160km from Vancouver but a world apart from the buzz of city life making this a great and relaxing escape. The property consists of a 6,100sf timber frame Main Lodge with 4 guest suites, 3 stand-alone guest cabins approx. 800sf each and 1,680sf staff housing and lounge. Guests will gather around the fire pit to share stories and laughs. Rising up behind the property is the beautiful, 6,500ft peak of Mount Denman. The dock is extremely well constructed and measures 55′ x 110′. Homfray Channel is known for being very calm with deep, warm waters. Truly a remarkable property.
The lodge faces west across the channel to East Redonda Island, a protected ecological preserve, up to spectacular Toba Inlet and the southern edge of the Great Bear Rainforest. To the east of the property, the epic horn of Mount Denman’s peak rises 6500’ from the calm, deep waters. To the south is Desolation Sound Marine Park. Created in 1973, this protected area comprised of 8,449 hectares and more than 60 km of shoreline is unlike any place in the world. The untouched natural environment includes spectacular fjords, mountains and the warmest waters north of the Baja Peninsula.
The Property contains the main lodge with 4 guest suites, 3 stand alone guest cabins, staff lounge cabin, staff housing which is 5 private rooms each equipped with private washrooms. Capacity is 32-40 guests.
- Land – 8% of the assessed value of the land – $13,808.00 | 50 years remaining
- Foreshore – $665.85 | 42 years remaining
Caretaker on site 24/7.
Listed by: Glenn Feldstein and Chris Burns of Engel & Völkers Vancouver
- 3 Cabins
- Boat Access
- Charter Flight Access
- Fire Pit
- Main Great Room for Guests
- Main Lodge - 4 guest suites
- Staff Housing
- Staff Lounge
- Wilderness Excursions
- Laughing Oyster (19.92 mi)24 reviews
- The Boardwalk Restaurant (21.06 mi)13 reviews
- The Cove Restaurant (16.77 mi)4 reviews
- River City Coffee (29.67 mi)11 reviews
- Edie Rae's Cafe (27.69 mi)11 reviews
- 32 Lakes Cafe and Bakery (29.94 mi)3 reviews
- The Savary Island General Store (23.96 mi)1 reviews
- Save On Foods (32.57 mi)4 reviews
- Pacific Point Market (32.58 mi)1 reviews